Saturday, April 10, 2010

AWV Radiotron 12AX7

"I truly enjoyed this rare opportunity to actually step from the virtual internet domain and into the domain of reality via actually meeting a blog writer whose blog I enjoy." This was sent from one of my friend who knew me through my blog, he is Sean from Australia.

Sean came to Hong Kong with his wife Ronny to have a dinner with me on 7 April. The attached Tubes were the gift he gave me, very rare AWV, Amalgamated Wireless Valve tube. I brought them to show to Kuen of Audiotronics, he told me that is very rare and sound very good!
Sean told me that the tubes were made with Telefunken manufacturing tools in Australia in 1967!

Thanks Sean!




HK Snob

2 comments:

Richard said...

I have one of these. Do they hold any value. I also have an R5 but can find no info on it. I pulled them out of an old home made guitar amplifier. They di indeed sound great.
Richard

HK Snob said...

Hi Richard,
It should be good, but really do not know how good as this is a gift from friend from Australia, I just keep it as part of the collections.

When I have time I may try oiut out and see how good it could be aas comparing with Telefunken ECC83!~
HK Snob