Saturday, August 14, 2010

The legendary Rectifier Tube 274B

We have been told that the Western Electric Rectifier 274B is valued more than Gold, an vintage WE 274B costs likely more than Western Electic 300B in the same production year, I have seen a NOS WE274B from Simon Lee of Audiotronics, it was then sold at more than HKD$10,000.00!



Why!? Because that is the soul of the classic, it has better response, and the background is quiet with this Famous Bottle from Western Electric, mellow musical tonal reproduction guarranteed.
Now this New Tube is made n Czech Republic with a mess shape plate, They told me that the sound is more or less close to the WE274B, but of course there is a difference in the audio purity and clarify. Price is HKD$3,000.00 according to Audiotronics... My DIY amplifier does not go with Tube for Recitifer portion. As I am more keen on the music appreciation rather than the further investment on the Hardware. Only when I had made a sudden forture, I would consider to upgrade my system with No-silicon-device-Amplifier.
Till then, may be this tube will be selling at a more expensive price tag!?
HK Snob

No comments: